Carob and Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake #Bundtbakers09:00
Carob,once very popular in Southern and Eastern Europe for making hot drinks, tray bakes and cakes is, to my delight, making a comeback and bringing with it a pleasant nostalgia for places and people from my childhood that I am very fond of.
It's most commonly used as coarse or fine ground powder, very often as a chocolate substitute, and in baking combined with apples to balance out it's powerful taste. When Tara, from Noshing With The Nolandsour, our #BundtBakers host for November, set us with a challenge of baking with hot chocolate, I thought that it would be a great opportunity to try to bake with those "two chocolates". I also wanted to add a balancing flavour, but since the apples didn't seem to be the right choice, I opted for oranges thinking that they would compliment well both the carob and chocolate. Good! Everything blended just the way we like it.
Carob and Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake
Recipe adapted from Vali Voli Torte
225g 0 type flour
2tsp baking powder
110 g ground carob
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 bag orange flavoured vanilla sugar
zest of 1 orange
80 g butter
80 ml milk
20 g 100% cacao chunks
Combine the dry ingredients, and separately mix egg yolks, butter and honey. Put the orange zest, vanilla and hot chocolate cacao in a pan with milk and let it melt and infuse over low heat, allow to cool down and pour into a honey mixture. Add the dry ingredients, then mix with beaten egg whites.
Bake for about 45 minutes on 180C .
Cover with chocolate glaze or dust with icing sugar.
Carob tree - Picture courtesy of Holidays in Komiza
please visit the page if you would like to find out more about this amazing fruit
- Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck
- Aztec Hot Chocolate Bundt by I Sugar Coat It!
- Baileys Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Liv for Cake
- Bourbon Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Bourbon Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by I Bake He Shoots
- Carob Hot Chocolate Cake by A Kingdom for A Cake
- Chocolate and Tiffany's Bundtcake by La mejor manera de hacer...
- Chocolate Chips Orange Bundt Cake by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Mocha Bundt Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Godiva Hot Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes by Our Good Life
- Hot Chocolate and Caramel Bundt Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Hot Chocolate and Churros Bundt Cake by Patty's Cake
- Hot (Chocolate) Buttered Rum Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Hot Chocolate Habanero Bundt Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Hot Chocolate Lavender Bundt Cake by Adventures in All Things Food
- Hot Cocoa Almond Bundt Cake by SimplyVeggies
- Irish Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by From Gate to Plate
- Kahlua Drenched Dark Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Baking in Pyjamas
- Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Nutella y Toffee Bundt Cake by Los Chatos Chefs
- Orange Pisco White Chocolate Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake by Making Miracles
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cake by The Spiced Life
- Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Bundt by Tartacadabra
- Toffee Chip Hot Chocolate Pound Cake by Magnolia Days
- Venetian Drinking Chocolate Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- White Hot Chocolate Peppermint Bundt by Noshing With The Nolands
- White Hot Chocolate Pound Cake by My Catholic Kitchen
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.
Updated links for all of our past events and more information about BundtBakers can be found on our homepage.