Orange Juice, Pine Nut Bundt Cake #BundtBakers08:45
aka the Tuscan Pine Nut Cake
Oh boy, I am a little bit rusty! Not blogging for awhile took its toll and I have been constantly second guessing and questioning everything I do. And just as I thought that I was getting a grip on things, it was time to prepare a post for my #BundtBakers group and I realised that I forgot the rules and procedures we all follow.
I have our October host Laura from the inventful Baking in pyjamas, who set us a task of baking a bundt cake with beverage, to thank for this small adventure:)
Initially I was keen to use tea, because I have been meaning to give it a go for quite some time, but I couldn't make my mind up, should I tried this with that, what if I combine that with... endless combinations that brought endless confusion and eventually brought the end of the idea. To experiment you have to be clear minded, which I obviously wasn't. So, in a situation like this, stick to what you know best, reach for a reliable recipe and religiously follow it. Success guaranteed.
Having said that, I still managed to add something extra, something special - the best tasting home made orange preserve ever- that I bought at the local festival of fruit, (apricot festival to be precise) in a small Greek village Portaria, back in June. I wish I bought more than a jar.
Orange Juice, Pine Nut Bundt Cake
fills 11 cups bundt cake tin or 26 cm standard round tin
I used half of the measure, enough for two small tins
100 g pine nuts,roughly chopped
250 g soft unsalted butter
250 g sugar ( I used about 200 g)
1tbsp orange zest
3 eggs, lightly beaten
300 g self-raising flour
100 g candied fruit ( I used orange preserve and strawberries)
250 ml orange juice
Preheat the oven to 180 C/350F/gas 4
Lightly grease a baking tin and sprinkle with flour, shake the extra flour off.
bake the pine nuts in the oven for few minutes until they get lightly golden in colour.
Beat the butter, sugar and orange zest until pale and creamy, add the eggs a little bit at the time, then fold in the flour, pine nuts, candied fruit and orange juice in two batches.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. Leave the cake in the tin for 10 minutes before turning it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
We had it with crème fresh and a slice of preserved orange.
I am sure that you would like to see what the rest of the Bundt Bakers came up with:
- Amarula Chai Latte Bundt from I Sugar Coat It!
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake from That's My Home
- Apple Cider Bundt cake w/ Caramelized Apples from The Freshman Cook
- Apple Cider Bundt Cake from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple Cider Pound Cake from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Juice Spice Bundt with Caramel Apple Glaze from Our Good Life
- Apple Spice Latte Bundt from Living the Gourmet
- Black Forest Hot Chocolate Bundt from Baking in Pyjamas
- Cava Bundt Cake from La mejor manera de hacer ...
- Chai Bundt Cake from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Chocolate Chai Bundt Cake from Basic n Delicious
- Chocolate Expresso Bundt Cake from La Cocina de Caro
- Dark 'n Stormy Bundt Cake from Eat, Drink, and Be Mighty
- Earl Grey Bundt Cake with Milk and Honey Glaze from Brooklyn Homemaker
- Hot Chocolate Bundt Cake from Recipes, Food and Cooking
- Margarita Bundt Cake with Candied Limes from How to Philosophize with Cake
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Rose Cake from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Milo and Condensed Milk Bundt Cake from Passion Kneaded
- Mojito Bundt Cake from BakingYummies
- Orange Juice Pine Nut Bundt Cake from A Kingdom for a Cake
- Pacharan & Apple Bundlettes from I love Bundt Cakes
- Poison Apple Bundt (Guinness & Angry Orchard) from The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Coffee Bundt Cake from Los Chatos Chefs
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Bundt Cake from Liv for Cake
- Red Wine Chocolate Bundt Cake from Brunch with Joy
- Root Beer Bundt Cake with Rumchata Root Beer Frosting from From Gate to Plate
- Root Beer Float Bundt from Food Lust People Love
- Tiramisu Bundt Cake from Patty's Cake
- Vanilla Chai Honey Latte Bundt from Tartacadabra
- White Chocolate and Espresso Bundt Cake with Coffee Glaze from Taking On Magazines
- White Russian Mini Bundt Cakes from Magnolia Days
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving Bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all of our lovely Bundts by following our Pinterest Board. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme or ingredient.