Fruit, Mascarpone and Chocolate Brioche

15:56




I thought that it would feel really odd being away from blogging for such a long time, but strangely enough, it wasn't. It was almost as the life arranged a break for me exactly at the time I needed it, to prevent me from burning out and loosing my zest for baking. It simply felt right to step back a little bit, which was a big relief that also brought me the realisation that I can really take it easy this summer and enjoy posting when I can and more importantly when I feel like it.
Like today, with this recipe that fits the idea of I would like to share this perfectly - it comes from the brilliant Willie'e Chocolate Bible.


Fruit, Mascarpone and Chocolate Brioche

Brioche:
250 g strong white flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp easy blend yeast
2 large eggs
100 g softened unsalted butter

Filling:
380 g mascarpone cheese
14 figs - if using, if not some fresh or fruit from jar
I used gooseberry compote and fresh figs for the first one, small jars of cherry and gooseberry compote  for the second ( fresh physalis were added before serving)
80 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
80 g muscovado sugar

Equipment - 26 cm round cake tin

Combine all the dry ingredients, including yeast if using easy blend, if not dissolve it in a bit of warm milk first, then add the beaten eggs and butter. Mix until you get a soft, but not sticky dough. Knead for about 5 minutes until smooth. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and let rise for at least 4 hours, or until doubled in size.
Knead the risen dough, then press onto the base and at least 3 cm up the sides of the tin. Spread the mascarpone, then arrange the fruit ( pat it dry when you are wash it, or using from the jar) on the top and sprinkle with sugar and chocolate pieces.
If you are using figs, cut a cross shape in the top of each one.
Leave in a warm place to rise for 1 1/2 hours, preheat the oven to 180C and bake for about half an hour. Tap on the base to test if cooked - it should sound hollow.
Serve it warm or cold.




You Might Also Like

12 comments