Rhubarb Pickle

13:35



Raw rhubarb is my latest discovery. With rhubarb, I went from staying away from it all together, to warming up to the idea of having it in desserts, to absolutely loving it raw in a salad.
That's why this recipe goes into the exception from my just baking posts rule.



Rhubarb Pickle

150 g  diced rhubarb
1 diced carrot
1/2 small finely chopped onion
2-3 tbsp cider vinegar
1-2 tbsp caster sugar
2 bay leaves
few crushed coriander seeds (optional)
salt, pepper

Combine the chopped vegetables in one bowl, then mix the cider vinegar, sugar, bay leaves, salt and pepper until the sugar is dissolved. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.Pour it over the vegetables, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
If you wish to keep the Pickle salad for 24 hours, drain the excess vinegar, store in glass or plastic jar, seal and refrigerate.


recipe by Hugh Fearnley - Whittingstall

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I discovered (taste of) rhubarb 2 years ago; I have tried it in a few cakes. Your pickle sounds and looks interesting - have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krasno izgleda, ja nikako da uspijem nabaviti rabarbaru. Odlučila sam da ću je ove godine posaditi u vrtu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Predivno izgleda. Rabarbaru sam do sada koristila u kolacima, pa me bas interesuje kombinacija sa sargarepom i lukom:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried rhubarb only in ice-cream and jam, I will give a try for salads too :)

    ReplyDelete