Lemon Honey Cookies

17:01

#Festive Cookies No 5


This is another recipe that I adapted from Baking with Cookie Molds by Anne Watson.. It's simply amazing how many varieties you can get from one simple, but very tasty and pliable cookie dough.
I made six or seven different types of cookies in the last month or so. A few I've already posted, some I probably will not, for one reason or another, but at least one more and my favourite, gingerbread, is still to come. I emphasize mine, because the chosen seasonal cookie for the rest of my family is definitely this one, smooth and delicate, with a mild lemon flavour.
The recipe is very generous, but you can always use the half of the measure.


Lemon Honey Cookies

225 g unsalted butter
1 large egg
120 ml honey
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp lemon flavouring (or concentrate)
100 g sugar
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1/8 tsp salt
about 600 g plain flour

Melt the butter and set aside.
Beat the egg until fully mixed.
Mix the honey, lemon juice and lemon flavouring then add to the egg, beat until well combined.
Mix the sugar, vanilla and salt and add to the egg mixture.
Add the melted butter slowly and beat until well mixed.Now add the flour a bit at the time until the dough is smooth and slightly sticky.
Wrap it up in a cling film and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
This dough is suitable to use with moulds, but you can just make cut outs, the taste will remain the same.
If using a mould follow the instructions for my Speculaas cookies.
Bake in the 175C/350F preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes, depends on the size of the cookies. keep an eye on them, as they should remain pale.

I used one of my maamoul moulds to make few filled cookies.

Filling:

60 g ground almond
60 gr icing sugar
spoon of lemon zest
20 gr mixed peel
1 large egg

Mix all the ingredients and place in the middle of your round pastry cut off, and press into the mould, or just close the pastry up to make a ball.





You Might Also Like

4 comments