Roseship Biscuits

19:44





Rosehip jam is my all time favourite, and lately probably even more so because it's so rare. It takes loads of time and effort to make it at home and the store bought ones, usually available from Turkish shops, are often too runny and weak in taste for my liking. 
And it's not only the jam, I generally think that rosehips are completely underrated and should be more included into our everyday kitchen. Since I have a rosehip bush in my garden I vowed to use them as much as I can and started by making Rosehip vinegar earlier this Summer. The rest of my this season harvest is drying out for tea and I started looking for more options to use them. 


When you are looking for something you usually find it, not necessarily the way and where you expect to find it, but you do. Like this rosehip powder - of all places, I stumbled upon it in Tiger, a Danish variety store!
Yes, I grabbed a bag and - what next, what do I do with it? That was a task that took some time with my thinking hat on. A total disaster, I had to buy a new thinking hat, this one provided everything but not the answer to my -what to do with the rose hip powder- question. So the bag ended up buried deep down on the bottom of the carousel cabinet. Things can get seriously forgotten there, expiry date forgotten. Luckily, while I was turning the carousel the other night looking for sumac the rosehip powder bag popped out. It was a clear sign and it wasn't to be ignored. I gave in, I baked biscuits, the obvious choice from day one and a solid start in making more use of rosehips. Very good start in fact! The more of them I had, the better choice it appeared to be. The biscuits that make me munch on them continuously, deserve a place in my recipe book.


Rosehip Biscuits 

60 g soft unsalted butter
65 gr flour
1 tbsp golden syrup
30 gr muscovado  sugar
2 tbsp rosehip powder
bag of vanilla sugar (7gr)
3 tsp cacoa nibs
pinch of salt
pinch of baking soda

Preheat the oven to 175C/350F/ gas mark4
Combine all the ingredients, except the cacoa nibs (add them at the end). This can be easily done in a food processor if you have one, if not, good all hand mixing will give the same result. Refrigerate for at least one hour, roll the thin layer of the dough out and cut the biscuits out, the smaller the better.
Bake for about 7 to 8 minutes only as they can burn easily and become bitter. When cold store them in an airtight container.


The recipe idea came from here.


You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I will try to find rosehip powder... I would like tro try these biscuits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voljela bih probati par uz moju popodnevnu kafu, jer izgledaju odlicno. VOLIM dzem od sipurka!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Aisha, I am sure you can find them online:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hvala cure moje:) Nista lepse od dzema od sipaka :)

    ReplyDelete