Tropical Sunflower Butter Granola

12:54


with sourdough and tropical dried fruit


I've wanted to join the Sourdough Surprises group ever since I made my own sourdough starter at the beginning of the year. It took awhile, but the moment has arrived - this is my first sourdough surprise entry, and this month's surprise was about granola.
I used Susan's recipe from her Wild yeast blog as my starting point, to guide me on quantities and proportion of the ingredients and then let my imagination flow. And here's where it led me - to a tropical fruit granola with sunflower butter seeds.


Tropical Sunflower Butter Granola

100 g of mixed dry roast chopped  nuts - I used an equal amount of
walnuts, peanuts and almonds
100 g candied pineapple
50 g candied papaya
50 gr dried mango
30 g golden linen seeds
30 g sunflower seeds
100 g rolled oats
handful of dark chocolate drops
100 g sunflower seeds butter
120 honey
150 g refrigerated sourdough starter

Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F/ gas mark 5
Lay greased parchment paper into a rectangular tin not bigger then 15cm x 30 cm.
Mix all dry ingredients, then combine the sourdough with honey and sunflower butter. Put the two mixtures together, making sure that everything is well incorporated. Turn it over into the tin, press with your hands to even it out and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown. 
Let it rest and cool down on a wire rack, then you can cut and serve.









You Might Also Like

4 comments