Koh - Cold Milk Cakes

10:13




According to my Mum, the world of home made desserts was introduced to me with this simple bake. No, it wasn't the first thing I baked - I was always for some reason tempted to run before I walked and I always do the most complicated things first - no this was the one I tasted first. As the matter of fact, I think many toddlers of my generation (do you ever think of yourself having been a toddler once upon a time?) shared the same experience. It was convenient, and still is, for both mothers and children - a soft, milky treat that almost doesn't require chewing, just melts in your mouth - heaven!  The toddler in me, that apparently exists, highly recommends it, to all generations, for every season, any time of the week when you crave for something sweet, simple and yet delicious. 


Koh

6 eggs, separated
6 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp fine semolina 
2 sachets vanilla sugar

plus 1l cold milk mixed with 4 tbsp sugar 

Preheat the oven 180 C/350F/gas 4
grease 20x30cm baking tin, or 5-6 ramekins 

Combine the cold milk with  4 tbsp of sugar and stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar. Set aside.

Beat the egg whites, add the sugar, until stiff, then add the yolks and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla sugar. If you are using a mixing machine or a hand mixer, turn it of and fold the flour and semolina using a wooden spoon or spatula. 

Bake for 15 minutes, or until the sponge comes apart from the pan.
Pour the cold milk over the hot cake and leave it to cool. Best left in a fridge for couple of hours.





You Might Also Like

4 comments