Lemon Daisy Tart

11:21




My lemon curd was in the fridge, pastry shells baked and all I was missing was the decoration. I was considering meringue, whipped cream, white chocolate, nope -  didn't fancy anything that would hide that beautiful lemon curd. I wanted something that would show how good (and pretty) it was. Going through cupboards and the fridge didn't help, however, one look through the window and a realisation that my husband was about to cut the grass and all daises with it, did - and my Lemon Daisy Tart was born. 



I also spared few for my small vase. It's so odd, they were there right in front of me all these years, treated as a pretty weed, or a decoration on my garden table, and all of a sudden one look through the window changed that prospective. I did a bit of  research afterwards and apparently they are high in vitamin C and very effective for treating indigestion, coughs and for stopping bleeding. We should definitely take advantage of the fact that they are found in abundance and if nothing else, toss few flowers  into a salad bowl from time to time.



Lemon Daisy Tart

Pastry
100g cold butter
200g flour
2 tsp caster sugar
1 large egg

Filling : lemon curd

Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles  fine breadcrumbs, then add the sugar, stir in the egg, and knead until dough comes together. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerator for 1 hour. Roll it out about 4mm thick slightly bigger that the tart tins you are using and press the pastry into the tins. Put them back into the fridge for an hour ( or freeze for 10 minutes), cover with grease proof paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes on 180 C, remove the beans, lower the temperature to 150C and bake for further 10 to 15 minutes, or until shells are baked and light golden brown.Let them cool, fill with lemon curd and decorate with washed and dried daisies or flowers of your choice. Serve cold.








You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Divotaaa, izgleda tako prolecno, cvetno i razigrano.:))) p.s.u parku mi redovno pokose bele rade ispred nosa i to svaki put kad se spremim da ih fotkam.:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Da, bilo mi zao da ih jedemo:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krasno izgledaju! I meni bi ih bilo žao pojesti.

    ReplyDelete