Tiger Rolls

10:09


 On Sunday mornings I enjoy my "in pyjama" strong double macchiato, devotedly watch the Andrew Marr show then quickly move channel to catch up with James Martin and his guests, while Mr Husband prepares and feeds the family with his specials, either Croque Monsieur or French toast. Once or twice a year I break the rule without obvious reason,  and spread the smell of baked goods early in the morning. When the children were younger the act of appreciation was shown loudly while they ran down the stairs guessing and arguing about what was in the oven. It's more quieter nowadays and comes with a bit of  teasing  by saying that I bake on Sunday mornings only when I long for the past days and to seek their attention (which sometimes isn't far off).
But not this Sunday. I made my one step bread the day before and used only half of the dough so I woke up thinking - what I can do with the other half? Whenever I am stuck for ideas I go back to a couple of my most trusted sources. Since I used Malgieri's bread recipe, his book was an obvious choice, all I had to do was turn the page - Tiger rolls - a prefect Sunday (or any other) morning breakfast choice.
To make the dough follow the link until you have a fully risen dough.


Tiger Rolls

Make 12 rolls
Preheat the oven to 190 C/ gas mark 5
1 batch of  Boule loaf  dough ( one step bread recipe)

Topping:
7 gr active dried yeast
75 ml warm water (about 38 C)
2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tespoons olive or vegetable oil
65 gr rice flour

Turn the risen dough out without deflating it too much, slowly pull it into a rectangle, then cut into 12 pieces.
Round each piece of dough shape into rolls, place into the prepared tin and cover with clean towel.

To make the topping, whisk the yeast into the warm water, then add the remaining ingredients, cover and leave for 15 minutes.
Stir it down and spread evenly thick( but not too heavy) layer on the top of the rolls with the back of a small spoon.
Leave the rolls to rise uncovered until they double in size for about 40 minutes.
Bake for about half an hour in the centre of the oven until they are lightly coloured and crackled.
They are best served the same day.


You Might Also Like

0 comments