Chocolate - muscovado cookie

17:34


This is the lost recipe I was recently talking about in the chocolate chip cookie post. This yellow piece of paper was peaking out while I was looking for something else. As it happens in life, I didn't find that "something else", but at that point I didn't care any more.  The cookies were first made by my son in 2002 during this Food Technology lesson at Bexley Grammar School and he carried on making them, until as I already mentioned the recipe was misplaced.



 You can probably read the recipe from his old recipe planner, but I will type it, just in case.


90 gr chocolate chips
150 gr plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
75 gr light muscovado ( I used dark)
60 g margarine ( I used butter)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp golden syrup ( I used honey)
1 egg


Preheat the oven to 190 C/375 F/gas mark 5. Sieve flour and bicarbonate soda into bowl, then stir in the sugar. Melt margarine into a small saucepan, add to bowl and put in vanilla essence and golden syrup.
Beat an egg and measure 2 table spoons of that egg into a bowl. Add chocolate chips, put in plastic bag and leave in a fridge for awhile. Take out and make around 20 balls, flatten them slightly and bake for 15 minutes.


 Enjoy!!

 Greetings from London!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments