Apricot galette

13:55

Wherever I turn nowadays (maybe me going to the local markets tirelessly has something to do with it) I see beautiful ripe fruit causing a buzz in my mind and waking up my baking gene.  So, when I spotted a stool with beautiful, big and juicy apricots,  I saw a galette, shapeless and rustic and crunchy and moist. 


Preheat the oven to 200 C/400 F/gas mark 6 and place a pizza stone on the lower third of your oven (if not using a stone, lightly oil a baking sheet).



Dough:
300 gr plain flour
1 tablespoon sugar
180 g cold unsalted butter
50 ml cold water
pinch of salt

Filling:
500 gr stoned and cut into quarters apricots
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
handful of chopped nuts (I used almonds)
milk to brush the crust


For the dough mix the flour, sugar and salt, then add in cold diced butter using forks or a food processor to make a mixture that resembles crumbs, then add water and process until it comes together, do not make it too wet. Wrap with cling film and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Mix the fruit with cornstarch, sugar, vanilla sugar and nuts and set aside.
Shape the dough into a 30 cm circle, by rolling it out between 2 sheets of baking paper. Arrange the fruit mixture in the middle leaving enough space around the edges to fold the dough. Brush with a little bit of milk, sprinkle with sugar and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the fruit is cooked. Rest it at a cooling rack .

You Might Also Like

0 comments