Chocolate chip cookies

21:57




I never made chocolate chip cookies before. My excuse was that  my son was taught Food Technology in year 8 and was very successfully baking odd shaped but gorgeous muscovado smelling chocolate chip cookies. The truth is that I was arrogantly chasing rare and complicated recipes at the time, without often having had my basics covered. Eventually I came back down to earth and started  simply enjoying baking. Needless to say, my son stopped baking and strangely enough I do not remember seeing the old school recipe since he stopped using it.  


It was Anna Olson who convinced me to do them. I was having morning coffee without my usual biscuits and there she was smiling at me from "Food-network" (or some other cooking channel) showing off her Chocolate chip cookie morning bake-off. Could you resist? I was able to enjoy them with my lunch time coffee.
Ingredients: 
115 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
100 g light brown sugar
100 g granulated sugar
1 large egg at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
175 g plain flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
200 g chocolate chips


Cream the butter with brown and granulated sugar, then beat in the egg and the vanilla
in a separate bowl, mix the sifted flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together, then add this to the butter mixture. Blend well and add chocolate chips. Weigh the dough and divide into 24 equal size balls. Place them onto a lined baking tray leaving around 5 cm  between the cookies and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 160 C/375 F and bake for 15 minutes, until brown around the edges.
Cool the cookies on a tray and store in an air tight container.


You Might Also Like

0 comments