These are made from puff pastry and here is the link with very good visual recipe. I made this pastry because I wanted to experiment with shapes and tastes, but in the middle of the process felt a craving for chocolate croissant and ended up with these delicious rolls
Important tips for puff pastry:
- when mixing the water into the dough, do not overmix it, if you do, the layers will not be formed
- let the dough rest after every turn
- everything has to be cold all the time
- if you wish to keep the dough in the refrigerator over night mix some vinegar or lemon juice into the water while preparing the pastry, it will prevent the dough from becoming grey.
- spray the oven with water before baking the pastry to create steam